The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a HyCO ROC Performance Engineer to join the team in the LaPorte, Texas area.
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of the role of ROC Performance Engineering is to ensure the safe, reliable, and efficient operations of all current and future HyCO assets in the ROC. The person in this role will prioritize safety within the ROC and at sites through visible leadership and through setting high standards for themselves and their coworkers. He/she will sustain high reliability at sites through troubleshooting plant trips, driving projects to improve plant reliability, and working with and training plant operators to improve their skills. He/she directly influences $100M of HyCO variable cost (natural gas and power), and will examine, develop, and lead projects to continuously improve plant operations and efficiency utilizing the EMOC process.
● Prioritize safety within the Remote Operations Center and at local sites, promote safe work practices and take the lead in Linde's safety culture.
● Identify and resolve any safety concerns with new design elements at plants. Liaise with Process Safety experts where required.
● Ensure reliable and efficient operation of a complex remote operations center for HyCO SMR including remote operations and engineering support for nineteen steam methane reforming assets in North and South America.
● Manage the Growth and Productivity (GAP) projects for the HyCO group. Perform cost/benefit analysis of projects and work with site managers to drive projects to completion. Defend projects and calculations with financial group to improve profitability of HyCO group.
● Provide support for the technical and business aspects of change management related to bringing plants into the Operations Center.
● Support the successful technical commercialization of new operating Steam Methane Reforming (SMR) assets from Linde Engineering and HydroChem and liaise with HyCO Operations Support personnel.
● Troubleshooting of design issues presented during project cycle through to start-up of the plant. Interface with key experts in evaluation, solution, and completion of technical problems.
● Travel both nationally and internationally. Assist in reviewing acceptable design of process controls and successful implementation by means of careful checking through Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing.
● Provide technical participation in the execution of new SMR projects. Assist in the commercialization of new assets. Engage and champion appropriate technical solutions and approach with design considerations with Linde Engineering and HydroChem.
● Participate in HAZOP reviews. Provide HyCO input into control system Factory Acceptance Testing. Review Site Acceptance Testing and ensure adequacy of Cause and effect testing prior to commissioning assets. Provide commissioning support and expertise.
● Ensure appropriate cause and effect checking of the shutdown control scheme has been satisfactorily performed and appropriately signed off.
● Perform multiple tasks in parallel while shifting priorities. Contribution to the business is highly visible.
● Actively engage with plant personnel for plants in North and South America. Interface with teams from different countries with language barriers.
● Track plant operations to find ways to optimize efficiency. Detect long term trends in plant operations and determine causes and corrective actions. Perform summary view of plant performance and analyze performance reports.
● Continuously improve profitability by identifying projects to improve operating efficiency and equipment reliability to reduce operating costs. Lead the response for resolution of plant reliability or efficiency issues identifying appropriate resources from HyCO platform support and the Operating Site to drive resolution.
● Develop and maintain Remote Operating Procedures and Practices. Ensure learning is incorporated in work instructions / training to capture best practices for individual plant operations.
● Pro-actively drive safety, reliability and efficiency improvement plan with focus areas. Interface with the Reliability platform leads to implement best operating practices. Actively communicate reliability and efficiency shares with the Operating Teams. Assist in identifying, piloting and evaluating benefit of new technology that can improve plant efficiency and reliability.
● Proactively identify, recruit and lead HyCO Support personnel in the engagement and resolution of plant issues as they arise.
● Understand the boundaries of the various customer and supplier contracts and ensure compliance with the contract requirements. Ensuring plants are operated to achieve best in class reliability consistent with contract demands.
● Bachelor Degree - Engineering preferred
● Minimum of 2 years experience in H2, ASU, CO or similar plant/process related industry or activities
● Demonstrates commitment to HSE policies and principles
● Success in working in a complex HyCO tonnage environment
● Ability to manage competing multiple tasks
● Technical experience of HyCO, ASU or CO2
● Excellent oral and written communication, capable of providing leadership
● Ability to interface with Plant Managers and support personnel from both North and South America
● Strong computer proficiency
● Strong analytical and organizational skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to build consensus within and between groups
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.