The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Transportation Supervisor to join the team in the Baltimore, MD area.
Purpose of position:
▪ Exercise visible leadership with respect to local implementation of global/national/regional safety programs and initiatives. Champion and manage the SHEQ Activity, i.e. Safety meetings, Safety Talks, IMSS/IMS, Site Quality Plan.
▪ Ensure all Healthcare related activities, including medical gas distribution operations and medical equipment processes, comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and relevant accreditation standards as reflected in Linde procedures.
▪ Ensure delivery driver compliance with relevant home delivery processes.
▪ Maintain relevant personnel files and medical surveillance activities for personnel involved with home medical equipment activities.
▪ Lead incident/injury investigations; seek out and address root cause of accidents, near misses, and potential incidents (‘good catches’). Work closely with SHEQ.
▪ Recruit and select properly qualified drivers and oversee training to ensure resources are available to meet daily schedule requirements.
▪ Drive a continuous improvement focus in all aspects of the location management; process and people. Provide timely and pertinent feedback to Central / Regional teams to improve daily Transportation operations.
▪ Implement and support national transport process changes and initiatives.
▪ Manage and motivate excellent performance and organization of office staff and drivers to support business targets (bid management, vacation coverage, etc.).
▪ Counsel, coach and discipline employees as necessary regarding performance related issues. Address employee and labor relations issues in collaboration with management and HR.
▪ Manage the daily hours of service for drivers and ensure compliance with Linde and legal/regulatory requirements.
▪ Develop and implement Productivity Improvement Projects to improve upon Key Productivity Indicators; model High Performance Organization principles.
▪ Manage maintenance programs for vehicles, equipment and customer stations (planning, inventory management).
▪ Monitor and manage costs at a local level to maintain a cost effective Transportation operation.
▪ Lead Location Administration - purchase cards, customer billing, driver payroll, on board recording systems.
▪ Manage Transportation related SAP processes .
▪ Encourage and demonstrate cross-functional collaboration.
▪ Lead process to ensure after hours coverage for the location to meet customer demands.
▪ Assist in the coordination of response to support the demands of major plant and on-site locations during outages.
▪ Lead project implementation initiatives for new technology including on site training and support.
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ Minimum of 3 years' supervisory experience
▪ Minimum of 3 years distribution experience
▪ Bachelor degree prefer
▪ Medical gases or equipment operation experience preferred
▪ Six Sigma Black Belt
▪ Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and Hazmat regulations
▪ Familiar with CGMP regulations
▪ Knowledge of National Labor Relations Board regulations (preferred)
▪ Familiar with PM based maintenance programs
▪ Strong degree of computer literacy
▪ Familiarity with Linde Distribution systems a plus (Gold, XATA, NeXIS)
▪ Good communication skills - must be able to effectively communicate with office staff, drivers and senior management
▪ Must have strong coaching skills
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status, disability, source of income, status as a victim of an intra-family offense, and place of residence or business.