The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking a Medical Sales Representative to join the team in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
Purpose of the Position:
The Medical Sales Representative will sell and promote the portfolio of LifeGas products, services and programs to healthcare organizations in a highly professional, ethical and knowledgeable manner. Plays a vital role in fostering the Company’s reputation and image. Responsible for ensuring achievement of revenue and profit objectives for assigned territory. Provides service and sales support to targeted accounts by coordinating services, evaluating current business relationships and developing, presenting, managing and executing new business opportunities for the key accounts.
• Develops and maintains professional business relationships with potential and existing healthcare customers
• Works with Regional Business Manager and the Market Segment Manager to develop strategies for selling the LifeGas Portfolio of products and grow the territory in line with the strategy
• Works to solve customer problems and concerns, and coordinates the various Linde Healthcare functions such as Supply Chain, Customer Service and Revenue Management.
• Demonstrates how LifeGas portfolio can be used to partner with customers
• Provide in-servicing and clinical information on new and existing products to customers and/or end users in key departments
• Develops strategy and implements tactical sales plans with marketing group to introduce new products to customers
• Researches potential customers via prospecting and cold calling as needed
• Maintains customer call logs and customer database
• Exercises total net revenue and profit objectives for assigned territory.
• Acts as a primary liaison between the account and Linde Healthcare and demonstrates a commitment to the highest level of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.
• Performs all phases of sales activities for assigned territory, including Linde Healthcare/LifeGas value added programs, price increases, contract negotiations, and accounts receivable management, servicing the account with follow up as necessary.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of competitive products and services
• Understands the competitive advantage & product benefits as it relates to the product offerings to the customer and communicates the strength of LifeGas’s product solution
• Coordinates team selling efforts and uses all resources necessary to service the account and grow the business.
• Maintains up to date sales activities, sales pipeline and account records on prospective and active accounts on Linde’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. Ensures the timely completion and submission of call reports and weekly planner within the CRM tool.
• Provide reports to management on activities, forecasts, sales and projects accurately, as requested, and on time.
• Participates in all scheduled sales conference calls and required Supply Chain meetings.
• Knowledgeable & compliant with Linde’s regulatory & legal policies
• Significant travel domestically within territory
• Bachelor Degree - Business or Technical
• Minimum of 3 years of sales experience; consultative medical sales experience preferred
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work well independently and as a team member in a matrix organization
• Strategic thinker with strong business, economic and/or financial acumen
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent consultative selling skills
• Strong negotiating skills and ability to effectively influence
• Strong listening skills
• A clear & effective speaking manner for the purpose of influencing & persuading others to a recommended course of action based on analysis of information
• A clearn & succinct writing style for the purpose of preparing presentations and for making sales proposals to potential customers
• Working knowledge of Windows, MS Office, as well as networks, internet applications & CRM platforms
• Successful track record including the successful launch of new products or service programs
• Ability to work independently with demonstrated results in a key sales position.
• Exceptional sales expertise and knowledge of the sales process required
• Must be able to demonstrate continued success in sales achievements, including consistent sales growth of assigned products/ brands as well as related awards
• Ability to work in a matrix organization and leverage the resources a large company like Linde has to offer.
• Displays a “passionate” attitude toward the role of selling.
• Experience working with CRM Platforms preferred
• SAP Experience a plus
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.