The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Linde is currently seeking an Area Maintenance Planning Engineer to join the team in the Bethlehem, Pennsylvania area.
Purpose of the Position:
▪ Assure that maintenance activity in the Area is properly planned, scheduled, and executed to enable high reliability of ASU, CO2, ECOVAR, H2, He and HyCO plants within the area.
▪ Manage the General Maintenance Services program to safely and efficiently execute the general plant maintenance across the production plants in the area.
▪ Assure that all TAR activity in the area is effectively scoped, planned, scheduled and executed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
▪ Assure that all Preventive Maintenance activity is effectively planned and executed within prescribed time limits.
▪ Assure that all Condition Monitoring recommendations are effectively planned and executed.
▪ Assure that materials and spare parts are available as needed for all maintenance activity within the area.
▪ Provide RCFA and RCM support for area assets and events
▪ Supports Zone Managers in plant performance monitoring and improvement programs, including safety, reliability and efficiency projects at the production plants in the area
▪ Relentlessly drives for continuous improvement and manages a plan to continually build on and improve the processes currently in place
▪ Supports the business in achieving key outcomes in safety, reliability, efficiency, cost and customer service.
▪ Collaborate with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator and the Zone managers to build and maintain the weekly schedule for the General Maintenance Services contractors to safely and efficiently execute plant maintenance.
▪ Both tracks and drives the improvement of all of the General Maintenance Services process KPIs.
▪ Supports the maintenance and continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance plans in SAP PM for the supply area.
▪ Supports the Area Reliability and Maintenance team by establishing a culture of safety in the planning and execution of all aspects of the team’s duties.
▪ Assure that appropriate technical expertise is provided to all planned and unplanned maintenance and repair activities in the area.
▪ Assure that competent internal and external work execution resources are assigned to maintenance activities within the area.
▪ Assure the effectiveness and efficiency of the area's Preventive Maintenance Programs and that they are modified to capture lessons learned from RCFA, RCM Studies, and Work Order feedback.
▪ Plans and schedules Preventive Maintenance activity including CBM recommendations for the area.
▪ Assures that critical spare parts are identified and stocked within the area and that consumed critical spare parts are replaced or repaired and returned to the appropriate warehouse.
▪ Assure that all TAR (and Relife) objectives are defined for runtime duration, availability, reliability, budget, and schedule.
▪ Lead TAR scope development, planning and scheduling for the area to achieve operational, budget, and schedule objectives.
▪ Assures that all maintenance activity within the area is properly approved and within budgets set for each site
▪ Leads or supports root cause analysis and ensures timely action item closure
▪ Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and quality standards within the area
▪ Develops an understanding of basic plant operational management in terms of process, budgeting, reliability, maintenance and personnel management
▪ Develops an understanding of the various types of equipment found in process plants such as compressors, pumps, electrical systems, process control and instrumentation, piping and vessels and heat exchangers
▪ As assigned by the Regional Reliability and Maintenance Manager, performs engineering and managerial functions that could include:
- Conduct Training sessions on Process Operations for Technician at various plant locations
- Develop and Implement Equipment Specific Maintenance Plans from Linde standards
- Loss prevention, safety and quality management
- Provides maintenance support to unplanned repairs
- Continuous operational performance improvement management
▪ Represent the plant and/or region for turnarounds, commissioning, projects and general business meetings and events
▪ Supports the effort for continuous improvement through GAP, Six Sigma and other process improvement programs
▪ Ensures that applicable material procurement and control processes are consistent with Linde Group standards for corporate governance
▪ Bachelor Degree – Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical discipline preferred
▪ Minimum of 5 years' in an operational planning, scheduling and execution in an engineering environment
▪ Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
▪ Experience using a CMMS to plan maintenance (SAP PM experience preferred)
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills
▪ Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA methodologies
▪ Knowledge of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies
▪ Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and codes
▪ Air Separation experience and knowledge preferred
▪ Six Sigma qualification a plus
▪ Interpersonal skills:
- Possesses strong communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow through to completion on projects and issues
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment or independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs
▪ Managerial Skills:
- Knowledgeable in plant operations. Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate to financial terms to support investment and business case development
- Continuous improvement drive and ability to implement change in a geographically diverse organization. Relentless drive to challenge the status quo.
- Management by influence, experience delivering results in a highly matrixed organization and the ability to influence others to deliver results.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple activities and achieve results with minimal supervision.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.